To start, log into the Yumpingo Dashboard and navigate to the Menu tab in the Manage section.
Once in menu management, go to the Items tab on the left.
From here, you'll have the option to add an item manually, one at a time or bulk upload an item.
Adding items manually
Click on the top right of 3 pink dots and select add item.
From here a pop-up will ask you the following:
- Insights name - the name you'd like for your reporting. Ideally, this is the same name as shown on the menu, but sometimes you may want to be more specific, ie if you have different sizes of the same item.
- Insights categories- this is what category you'd like to see for your reporting in the food & drink section of the Yumpingo dashboard. To start off with, you may want to use the same items on your menu but eventually, you may want your reporting to be more granular. For example, the cheeseburger may be in your entrees section but you may want to focus more specifically on your insights just on burgers.
- Insights details- this is a further description to help you know exactly which item you're viewing.
- Default menu item name- this is what guests will see when they leave a review, in most cases this should be the same as the menu item, but sometimes it's helpful to shorten or clarify a menu item for the best guest experience.
- Default menu item description (optional) - further descriptions of the item that may be helpful to the customer when leaving a review.
Adding bulk items
If you're adding an entire menu at the same time, you can use the Upload from CSV file option. This allows you to fill out the information above for multiple items in a spreadsheet and upload it. You should use this feature with caution as you'll want to make sure you don't duplicate existing items. To do this, follow the steps below.
Download the CSV template 'Yumpingo-new-menu-template' (also attached below).
Input items into the relevant rows/columns, following the headings.
Once the menu is complete Save the menu file in .csv format.
Upload the new menu using either by clicking browse file or drag and drop.
Add the new items to the menu.
After creating items, you'll need to add them to the correct menu before you can begin gathering reviews for each item. See below for a full list of related articles.