To make changes to a menu you've already set up, first, go to the Yumpingo Dashboard > Manage > Menus to view your existing menus.
If a menu is in Draft or Scheduled mode, you can make edits directly in the menu. If the menu to edit is already Published, first make a copy of that menu by hovering over the menu and selecting Edit in a draft.
Learn more about Menu statuses (Draft, Scheduled, or Published) here
Any change you make in a menu this way, only affects how the guest will see the menu.
Once you're in the menu you'd like to edit, there are several ways you can make changes:
- Reorder sections
- Reorder Items within sections
- Edit section name
- Edit existing menu Item
Reorder Menu sections
On the top right of the menu, you'll see the menu sections. These can be reordered easily by drag and drop to change how sections are displayed to guests.
Reorder Menu Items
In the same way, you can re-order sections, you're also able to re-order menu items. This changes the order of each item displayed in a section on a guest menu. This applies to the standard menu only and not filtered menu or digital bill (POS connected).
- In the menu you're working on, go to the section you'd like to re-order the menu items.
- On the right-hand of the menu section, click on the 3 dots in a grey circle.
- In the pop-up list, selected Reorder Items.
- When finished, click Finish reordering section at the bottom right of the page.
Edit section name
- In the menu you're working on, go to the section you'd like to change.
- In the right-hand of the menu section, click on the 3 dots in a grey circle
- A pop-up will appear and you can change the name of the section.
- When finished, click Save.
Tip: the three dots also allow you to delete an existing section or add Menu items directly to that section.
Edit existing menu item
- In the existing menu, you're working on, hover over the item you wish to change.
- A pop-up will appears with the option to delete the item from the menu (this will not delete it from the insights/reporting) or to edit the details of the menu.
- Once in the edit, you can change the menu item name, short name and description as displayed to guests. This will not affect the Food insights or reporting.
- Always make sure to delete an old item and create a new one where needed, instead of overwriting existing items.
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions please reach out by clicking the support chat box on the lower right side of your screen.